If you own a small business, you know that going to work is much more than clocking in for an eight hour shift. You should be so lucky!
GoDryErase.com is a small business, and we know that if we ever want to have time to sleep and have some semblance of a personal life , we need to get a full day’s work done in half that time. The key is staying organized.
If your business is doing well with a cluttered desk, messy files, no daily schedule or plan, then keep doing what you’re doing! But if you’re struggling to stay profitable please consider trying some of these tips:
Purge Your Office:
• Recycle the broken electronics you may have stashed in a closet.
• Delete all those old voice messages.
• Donate anything you don’t need or use.
• Keep the basics and anything you’ve used in the past year; all else can go.
Use the Cloud for Storage
• Storing valuable data on a hard disk or flash drive is great until your computer gets a virus or you lose the flash drive. Take advantage of backing everything up on some type of cloud storage service.
Clean Up Your Inbox
• Set up folders for the top 10 people who email you and use them. Searching and searching for an important email can take 10-15 minutes but if it’s in the right folder you’ll find it fast. A few seconds will save a lot more time.
Let an Accountant Handle the Books
• You might think you’re doing a great job doing your own payroll and taxes, but a professional bookkeeper will do it faster and probably save you money in the long run.
We sell products to businesses and schools that help them stay organized and facilitate teaching. A large dry-erase surface with schedules and bullet points makes sure everyone is “on the same page” and that means less confusion.